Watch for offers coming soon.

About Sanford Museum

The Sanford Museum opened in 1957 as The Henry Shelton Sanford Memorial Library and Museum. The building was expanded in 1974 and again in 1993. The Sanford Family Collection, including the library and papers of city founder Henry S. Sanford, was donated to the city by Sanford’s daughter Carola Sanford Dow. On display are European and American paintings, furniture, personal objects and books from 1820-1890. The Chase Gallery was built in 1993, this gallery was named in honor of S. O. and Margaret Chase. The gallery has exhibits on local history including: city planning, railroads, Riverboats, agriculture, business, education, local celebrities, fire and police departments, and the Naval Air Station Sanford. The sports collection highlights the achievements of Sanford natives including sportscaster Red Barber, Baseball stars Tim Raines and David Eckstein, professional football’s Jeff Blake and Reggie Branch and Drew “Bundini” Brown, Muhammed Ali’s corner man. The exhibit includes Hall of Fame players who were in Sanford with the New York Giants’ farm system in the 1950s.